While retrieving the hose from the fence where Dan hung them last spring while tilling the beds, I had to cut back a lot of grape vines that had overgrown along the garden fence and up into the pear tree. I stripped them down and made a wreath base.
|fresh grape vine wreath|
I have devised a way to make the wreath, allow it to dry and make it perfectly round. I bought this large green pot (plus a lot of other pots) last year when JoAnn's had pots on sale for 90% off. This one was not used so I saved it for this year.
In the Spring I have to clean the dreaded corner of Creepy Virginia (Virginia Creeper to most folks.) They are a weed and grow miles and miles in one summer. They cover my little tree in that corner, the Mulberry Tree I planted and the fences. I must get a head start each Spring by cutting off all that I can see. Since my grapevines were not long yet, I decided to make wreaths of the CV/VC. I certainly had plenty to work with. I discovered my green pot and Voila, a base to make wreaths on!
Two different sizes at once. I also made a spray by bending over several vines, wiring them together and putting something heavy on top to keep them flat.
I used it to make my patriotic spray for Memorial Day. It is still on the door for Independence Day and beyond.
|Two sizes on one pot.|
Now it's time to make up a wreath for August--with sunflowers. Yellow--My new love this year. I have pinned a lot of ideas, but I probably won't copy them. Just ideas. I will keep you posted.