Wednesday, October 14, 2015

It's Always on a Windsday.

It is WINDSDAY PINSDAY, the day I feature my favorite pins for the week.  

Number One is Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Jalepenos.  I found this on Pinterest and it originates at  http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/09/25/bacon-wrapped-cheesy-stuffed-jalapenos/

Thank you,  Sally for such a great appetizer.  I took it to my church's fun Chef-a-la-Palooza food sharing contest and won 1st prize for the best appetizer.  

They were not too hot as most people expected.  Perhaps the jalepenos that I grow in my garden are a milder variety or they got plenty of water or the other ingredients soften the heat.  Whatever the reason they are so very good.  (And I have so many peppers from just two bushes I planted this spring, and I am going to make them again and again.  Yum.)

Here is my version with a few tips: 

Bacon Jalepeno Peppers
12 jalepeno peppers halved and seeded
1 - 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
1 C grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon smoked paparika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
(opt.  1 clove of garlic minced or mashed)
12 slices of bacon cut in half





Seed peppers using a strawberry huller.  It is just the right size for the pepper and can be used to scape out both seeds and membrane.





I bought mine from Pampered Chef, but I cannot find them listed.  I did find it on Amazon by the name of Tomato corer.



Mix together cheeses, paprika and garlic powder or clove.  My husband doesn't like anything that he can taste or smell garlic.  (migraine inducer)
Place cheese into peppers with a rubber scraper or spreader.  The cheese mixture will just barely fill 24 pepper halves if it is scraped flat across the top.



Wrap in a half slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.  End the bacon on top for easier insertion of the toothpick.  Wrapping crosswise from top to bottom covering the cheese will help the bacon cook crisper.  Bake on a rack placed over a cookie sheet.  For easy cleanup use parchment paper or foil under the rack. Bake at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until bacon is crisp.  Broil if needed to crisp up the bacon, but watch closely.


 This was all that was left of a half-sheet of stuffed peppers that I left home.  Part of these were dusted with bread crumbs when I ran out of bacon.  

PS: Tillamook Cheese is the best.  My dad used to sell milk from his dairy farm to the Tillamook Creamery that was made into Tillamook Cheese. 

PPS:  Part two is a delicious kale salad.  Will have to wait.  This blog is long enough.

HAPPY POPPING


BLOG'nGRAM






No comments:

Post a Comment