Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Top Chef-a-la-Palooza

What a night!  The second annual Top Chef-a-la-Palooza event was tonight at the church.  Everyone was invited to enter the Cook-Off contest in the categories: Bread, Appetizer, Salad, Main Dish or Dessert.  There was also a best Costume or Witch Hat contest.  



I WON!  with the best appetizer:  Bacon Wrapped Jalepeno Poppers. (thanks to  Pinterest's Sally/Sally's Baking Addiction at http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/09/25/bacon-wrapped-cheesy-stuffed-jalapenos/.  They are a proven winner!  Dan said it was because the judges were all men.  Hey, women liked them, too, at least they were all gone.  And guess what?  I didn't get a picture of the finished product because I was running out the door as they were coming out of the oven to get to the church on time.  

I made two pans full and this was what was left of the second pan when I got home (minus a couple that I ate because I wanted another one--they are soooo good.)



This was a full half-sheet pan of poppers. You may notice that some are not bacon wrapped.  When I ran out of bacon I dusted them with bread crumbs to complete the pan full.  The little bacon wraps are sort of slipping off the popper, too. It happens when they are moved around while hot.  They should be like the center one.

I was not going to go.  There are always too many tempting carb filled dishes and I am not strong into my carb restrictions yet.
By late morning I changed my  mind because I wanted to share this delicious dish.  It was a big hit.


I needed more cream cheese and while at Wallmarts I bought a witch's hat so I could dress up.  I do love to dress up in costume.  I didn't expect to win anything in this area (and I didn't), but it was too fun to pass up.  These pix were taken the next morning.  I forgot.

Walmart--$4.98

Selfie in the mirror.


Selfie up close.





You cannot really see my jewelry in these pix, but, of course, I made them myself.  I will need to feature these separately.
It was a fun night.  I will talk more about the poppers tomorrow on Windsday Pinsday.  They are a favorite Pinterest post.






HAPPY A-LA-PALOOZA



BLOG'nGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment