Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Windsday/Pinsday

I found a couple of good recipes on Pinterest to pass on this week.  I finally made the Thai Chicken Salad with Orange Peanut Dressing.  I pinned it to Salads and Salad Dressings Board.  Here is a link the blog: http://www.cookingclassy.com/2015/02/thai-chicken-salad-orange-peanut-ginger-dressing/http://www.cookingclassy.com/2015/02/thai-chicken-salad-orange-peanut-ginger-dressing/

It was delicious and Dan even had seconds; he doesn't like recipes with peanuts in them so I was sceptical how he would respond.  I only changed one thing; I didn't use raw garlic, used powdered (not my favorite thing) because My GERD has been acting up and raw garlic and onion seem to rile it up.  Pity that.

The second was called: Cinnamon Roll Pancakes.  Don't confuse it with Cinabon Pancakes.  Not the same.  This is an easy peasy retrofit for your own pancake batter mix.  Just mix together 1/2 C Brown Sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon and 2 T melted butter. Place in an empty honey container and squeeze onto unturned pancakes in a spiral pattern. Turn when bubbly and finish cooking. Voila. Very good. 


That is not how I did it, of course.  I didn't have time to look it up on my computer so I just took out 2/3 C. batter, added at least 2 tsp. cinnamon and 1-2 tablespoon of raw sugar then tried to make the spirals with a spoon.  Not so accurate, but so tasty.  Dan said he loved them, and he never comments on a recipe.  I  will give you my own pancake batter recipe later.  



Spiralized

This is actually on my waffle iron.  The pancakes pix are on the camera memory and I haven't figured out how to access them.  Will change it later.  PS  Waffles stick a lot and do not turn out as well.

I have spent the last few mornings out on my new patio eating my breakfast or reading or just sitting here enjoying the outdoors--that Spring/Summer luxury that spends such a short season here.  It is a bit chilly this morning, but warming up.  I decided to place a post on by blog while out here. I have been busy preparing for the SL County cleanup dumpster that came this week so I had to focus all my time to yardwork.  Sorry about the hiatus on blogging. Now I am behind in every aspect of my schedule--that is why I try to be flexible on days like these.  I do not regret being outside.  Love, love, love it!!!! 





HAPPY PINNING


BLOG'nGram


(Birdbath on the left)

PS A darling little finch just came to my birdbath that I am sitting next to.  It was nervous but got a drink anyway.  Cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment