Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 50: Retro III

Last in my series of "already made jewelry--help I need to fill in a bunch of days" is the matching bracelet.  Oprah would never approve of the 'matchy-matchy' stuff but I am rather OCD and like my jewelry to match.  After all, what's the point of making your own if you can't make a matching set.  


This was my first attempt at a two strand anything.  Whoa!  Again I used up more of my red plastic or resin beads. (The package didn't say, and I thought they were glass at first.  What did I know?)  I had two of my mother's gold beads left so I used them.  This is an okay bracelet, but I never wear it.  Too plastic or something.  I have become a bead snob over the years.  I keep it because it was a first project.  It is pretty.  

Here's the whole shooting match:

Oprah, eat your heart out.

No comments:

Post a Comment