Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ruminating

Ruminating would be more appropriate for Julie/Julia's blog--chewing over ideas. I watched the movie again this week. It reminded me why I started this blog. I am having a down sliding week. I cannot catch up with my blog even though I have many things made, but not photographed. Life just keeps getting in the way.

For a couple of weeks I have been entertaining family--a perfectly wonderful thing to do, but not too condusive to beading. All my children, but one were able to come visit from other states and it was so fun to see them and do things together, even though I petered out somewhat by the end. Us old timers don't keep up the pace as well. After all I turn 65 this week. JK. I don't feel that old, my body just quits sooner than I think it should.

Back to the movie: my inspiration. Julie gave up once in a while, but her resolve to not fail propelled her onward. I cannot fail again either. Perhaps this is not a worthy goal in the grand scheme of things, but at least it completes the projects that have accumulated. Many beads have a purpose, just like the fabric that I store in bins throughout the house. Each piece of fabric has a specific completion article in the fabric closet of my mind. Most beads take up preferred space in my mind's bead storage facility. There is something beautiful planned for them--I'm just running out of time to complete them, and I have too much jewelry anyway.

One more month of work before I trash another project. I may not fill in all the blanks for July, but... there is no try, only do.

No comments:

Post a Comment