Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 32: Born in the USA Earrings

Another Fusion Beads fun earring.  They always have great inspiration for holidays and regular days.  I have bought so many of the beads for their jewelry that you will see a lot of them on my post.  If I acknowledge the source I should be all right for copyright, I hope. 

This red, white and blue earring set is made with a fun technique for a right angle weave bead.  The instructions for this piece and technique is on FusionBeads.com.  It is made with 6 mm bicones in red.  Silver-plated earwires and chain are attached to the ball with large jumprings.  I used two so they won't slip out of the ring because these are lightweight jumprings.  Then stars in red, blue and clear are attached to the chain with a wire-wrap technique.  I used what beads I had which were Czech glass instead of Swarovski crystals.  I have now ordered the crystals to make a fancier pair with Sterling Silver findings and chain, but I haven't done it yet.  Maybe next year.


The silver chain looks a little tarnished, but it is just the light.  In this next picture I show a larger wide angle weave bead to the left in blue.  This is made with 8 mm bicones.  I think I will attach this to a chain for a necklace.  I was just goofing around with the size.  It is a great Independence Day piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment