Thursday, February 11, 2016

Banana Oatmeal Cookies.

Today's cookie is originally a three ingredient cookie that is dairy, egg, and gluten free and low fat.  If you are allergic to any or all of these then you probably won't be able to eat them anyway because they contain nuts. The three ingredients are: bananas, peanut or other nut butter and oatmeal.  They are very plain, simple and nutritious. I had the nutrition all figured out before, but have lost it.  I will have to figure it out again.


I used almond butter this time.  It needed to be used up soon.  I also used not so overripe bananas and they taste better.





I did add an egg for more protein. No one here is allergic to eggs.  


I used the zzuzher to mix because it was out and the cold almond butter was too stiff for my hand mixer which is having issues right now--popping the breaker at the least excuse.  The mixture was very liquid because of the egg, so I added coconut flour to thicken and add flavor.  


Now unto the pan with a paper liner because they will stick due to the low amount of fat.



I forgot to smash them down (above).  They were thicker than I thought. They were starting to brown too much so I took them out of the oven at 13 minutes, but they are not quite done in the center.  

Recipe:
2 ripe bananas
2 large spoons of nut butter (2/3 to 3/4 C)
 (peanut butter, almond or cashew butter)
2 C old fashioned oats (reg oatmeal)
Optional:  
1 large egg
1/4 C coconut butter
nuts, chocolate chips, coconut--whatever

Mix together.  Scoop onto a lg cookie sheet 
lined with parchment paper, or spray well using
a large cookie scoop, flattening down dough
(will not spread).
Bake 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Makes 26.

These are good snacks that won't add a lot of sugar or fat to your diet with good carbs and protein. Add other ingredient at your own pleasure.

HAPPY BAKING


GLOG'nGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment