Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 2: Disaster Strikes - Labrador Lights

Yesterday, only the second day into my quest, there was a blip on the learning curve. "Mother said there'd be days like this." The end of my daily project approached, and my connecter broke. It bent and I straightened it and SNAP, it was irretreivably broken. Shock and sadness. As I assessed the damage it would take hours to fix: reconnect all of the center strings of beads and chains. Since they were all connected directly it meant a lot of work to 1) restring the beads and connect to a new one, or 2) connect to a new one with jumprings and the two sides would not match. Aaarrrrg. It was a dilemna I just could not face. Often when creating I have to set aside a serious problem to contemplate my approach so I stopped beading. What would Julie do? When she burned the Boef Burgenoine (It had to be the one I couldn't spell)she got up the next day and started over. I am not starting over, but I am posting the earrings for yesterday and will come back to this one when I have more time. Today is service day and so is tomorrow so it will have to wait. In The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, one of her "12 Commandments" is "do what needs to be done." I read that this morning and knew I had to get back on the horse and post something for day 2. This is my post. Picture one is where I started that day. 'Labradore Lights' was a work in progress that needed finishing. (Part of my purpose is to clear up odds and ends.) Picture two is aftermath of the disaster. Picture three is the matching earrings. They are a favorite of mine. So time to start today's project. See you later (before the clock strikes twelve).

1 comment: