Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 9: Rio Tinto

Today was a laid back day. First I had to sharpen the saw. And clean up the worktable: write up several new projects for price and future reference, findings to put back into drawers, bead boxes to put away; unleased chaos reorganized.

Onward and upward. The best project for today was watchbands. One particular band lay undone for weeks for want of a clear idea. I wanted an everyday turquoise band that was not made with silver. Also, I wanted to try out a small watch face with single clasp. I came up with the Rio Tinto--turquois and coral, silver and gold. (A literal translation: A deep-colored river.) It speaks to the Type 1/3. (See Dress Your Truth for explanation.)

The watch face is silver with gold. The beads are turquoise and coral--a perfect marriage of beads. I like the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment