Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Try A Different Metal

Today's challenge:  Try a different metal in your Jewelry that you don't normally use.

I use a variety of metals in the jewelry I make.  Gold, Silver, Antique Gold, Silver and Bronze, Gun Metal.  There is not much left to choose from.  Therefore, I chose a different metal finding in the stash that needs to be used.  

Recently I purchased some gold rings to use on necklaces--you know the look, many charms suspended in a circle from a long chain.  Still waiting to do that.

These circles are gold with gold wire wrapped around them.  Not the usual circle.  They came in two sizes--1 1/2 inch and 2 inch.  

Perhaps they  would make an interesting earring.  Little tails of faceted carnelian rondelles were suspended on headpins and attached in threes to the bottom of the 1 1/2 inch rings with earwires attached to the top.  

There it is:  Not Your Mother's Earring. (ps  the dangles move over to be centered easily.  Not a mistake.)


Would I wear them?  Not really.  I have a second choice to go with the Mexican Fire Opal/Carnelian necklace.  It will show up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment